VideoCad dongle with windows 7

neverland

VideoCad dongle with windows 7

Post by neverland »

Hi,

I installed videocad using dongle on a windows 7 PC. However, when I execuate the program, it keep mentioning that dongle not found. Then I wanted to try to re-install videocad by uninstalling it first, I was not able to. It mentioned that cannot open/create uninstall.ini file. Waht should I do now?

Support

Re: VideoCad dongle with windows 7

Post by Support »

Hello!
neverland wrote:I installed videocad using dongle on a windows 7 PC. However, when I execuate the program, it keep mentioning that dongle not found.
You should download and install dongle driver for Windows 7.
For Guardant viewtopic.php?f=4&t=221
For Senselock viewtopic.php?f=4&t=207
neverland wrote:Then I wanted to try to re-install videocad by uninstalling it first, I was not able to. It mentioned that cannot open/create uninstall.ini file. Waht should I do now?
This installer bug occurs in some rare cases of installation crash with some outdated VideoCAD versions. This bug is fixed more than year ago. If you have version with Senselock dongle, you can upgrade to VideoCAD 6.105 for free. Contact us by e-mail.
Or deinstall VideoCAD manually (delete Program Files/VideoCAD6 directory, all Shortcuts, menu items.) Then reinstall it in usual way.

tgherghel

Post by tgherghel »

I had the same problem when tried to install VideoCAD 6 with Senselock dongle on a Windows 7 machine. I used my domain account which was set as an administrator on my computer, but when I started VideoCAD it was giving me a message that "Dongle not found". Uninstalling/reinstalling VideoCAD or the Senselock drivers did not work, nor did the upgrade of the Senselock drivers to the latest version (2.51.1.1) or VideoCAD to version 6.1.0.5. One particular thing I noticed after unsinstalling the Senselock driver using the Device Manager tool, was that when running InstWiz3.exe to reinstall the dongle drivers, it would not run the wizard (no dialog windows were shown).

In the end, I have unistalled VideoCAD and Senselock drivers, logged off from my domain user, and logged back using a local user that was also an administrator for the computer. Reinstalled VideoCAD 6 and the Senselock drivers (this time the wizzard was taking me through the dialogs) and since then it is working regardless of which user I use to login.

Support

Post by Support »

Thank you very much for this information and the way how to solve this problem.

I'll contact to Senselock team.

Support

Post by Support »

Version 2.52.1.0 of Senselock dongle driver for MS Windows (32 and 64 bit) was released.
In this version an error with domain administrator account must be fixed.
Click here to download driver. Decompress files in one folder then run InstWiz3.exe

Support

Post by Support »

VideoCAD Professional 11.1 is released with a new activation system without USB dongle. New VideoCAD Professional licenses are now supplied only with a registration code. USB dongle is not required, but licenses with dongles will be supported too. Low cost one-year licenses are now available for purchase. For existing users, we offer several upgrade options.

What is new in VideoCAD