Hello,

I keep getting an error message with VideoCad 9.0.5.0 after "OK" on the
error, the application closes. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, but
keep getting the same error.
At first the application worked and I loaded a *.DWG backgroung which I
then made as 3D walls. During this time the application stopt responding. I
had to force close the application. Ever since that moment I can not start
videocad.

Any suggestions on how to get the application working again.

Does anyone know how to fix this. i already re-installed the software but the same issue appears. I'm using Videocad 9.0.5.0

admin

Re:The Import DXF DWG background tool. Loadlibrary failed with error 87

Post by admin »

Antoine E wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 10:01
Hello,

I keep getting an error message with VideoCad 9.0.5.0 after "OK" on the
error, the application closes. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, but
keep getting the same error.
At first the application worked and I loaded a *.DWG backgroung which I
then made as 3D walls. During this time the application stopt responding. I
had to force close the application. Ever since that moment I can not start
videocad.
Hello, Antoine

VideoCAD is not AutoCAD so it cannot process all DWG files as well as AutoCAD. Usually simple DXF DWG files are processed well, but some complex files can not be imported or imported with an error, some files can be opened but can not be exported or exported with an error or can not be converted to 3D constructions by the Import DXF/DWG background tool.
In case of any problems with an AutoCAD file, it is recommended to simplify it, but it is better to create a new file and copy only the constructions needed for the CCTV design into it.

The Import DXF DWG background tool automatically turns AutoCAD lines into VideoCAD 2D/3D constructions. See Main menu>Drawing>Import DXF DWG background
If there are a lot of lines in the AutoCAD file then we get a lot of confused constructions, which can overload the computer. For a good result, it is recommended to use the Import DXF DWG background tool only with simple AutoCAD files, with low number of lines, and also use the line filters of this tool.
See the tool description in the help system for details. The best result of the Import DXF DWG background tool can be obtained with special prepared AutoCAD files where each line corresponds to a vertical plane.
Antoine E wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 10:01
Any suggestions on how to get the application working again.

Does anyone know how to fix this. i already re-installed the software but the same issue appears. I'm using Videocad 9.0.5.0
You can return VideoCAD to working condition by deleting the damaged project, which is loaded at startup and leads to the error. If you can not create a new project from the main menu, then you should uninstall and reinstall VideoCAD. Uninstallation is required. With reinstallation without uninstallation VideoCAD does not delete damaged project files.

Antoine E

Re: The Import DXF DWG background tool. Loadlibrary failed with error 87

Post by Antoine E »

Thanks, I uninstalled. replugged the USB dongle Reinstalled and now everything works.