hi, i'm unable to uninstall Videocad...
the error message is :
Cannot open/create file!

I am unable to install Videocad too.
Please help!

Support

Re: unable to uninstall! help

Post by Support »

Please install/uninstall VideoCAD under administrator account.

peckcw

Post by peckcw »

hi, i installed the Videocad using my account but it seems like there is some error.
Thus i tried to uninstall it, it gives me the error:Cannot open/create file!
When i try to install a fresh Videocad over it, it runs the setup.exe normally but it pops out an [SETUP.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.]

Support

Post by Support »

peckcw wrote:Thus i tried to uninstall it, it gives me the error:Cannot open/create file!
Deinstallation under limited right account can lead to this message because setup tries to delete files created during installation and inaccessible under other user account.

What VideoCAD and OS version do you have? Do you use several accounts on your computer? Did you install and deinstall VideoCAD on the same account? Is it administrator account?
Try to deinstall VideoCAD under the same account it was installed.
If the error message will be remained please contact to support by e-mail.
peckcw wrote:hi, i installed the Videocad using my account but it seems like there is some error.
When i try to install a fresh Videocad over it, it runs the setup.exe normally but it pops out an [SETUP.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.]
I read about this message for the first time. Probably your OS has some problems or it is incompatibility with running software, most likely antivirus or other guard software.
Stop all running software before run Setup.exe.