Undo button issue

neverland

Undo button issue

Post by neverland »

Hi,

I was just wondering how does the undo button actually works. Can it work the same as the common "Undo" function that we normally found in Microsoft office? Cos I encounter an issue in which I accidentally deleted some cameras (through select all) due to human errors. I tried to click on the "undo" button, thinking that it might retrieve back all the deleted cameras, but it did not and I had no choice but to re-plot again.

Is this a bug or is this the limitation in using this software? Will there be any fixes or updates to this issue? :?:

Support

Re: Undo button issue

Post by Support »

Sorry for inconvenience.
It is not an error. Undo function has some limitations. Not all working information is kept in the undo buffer. It can't restore deleted cameras, but it can restore deleted constructions.
Please save your working project regularly.

neverland

Post by neverland »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But since there is a limitation to the Undo button function in this particular release, will there be some improvement to the Undo button to include in the function of restoring deleted cameras in the next release? I sure that this particular update do post a lot of help to many users out in the market.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Support

Post by Support »

Thank you for your suggestion. This limitation was caused by RAM saving and was inherited from early versions. I wrote down this improvement to the 'To do' list.

Support

Post by Support »

This issue is solved in VideoCAD 7 version.

Buffer of last operations (UNDO) stores now all parameters of cameras.
Depth of the undo buffer can be adjusted on the Miscellaneous tab of the Options box. This depth can be up to last 50 operations.
The REDO button was added for moving in the UNDO buffer in the opposite direction.

jhonnysentry

Post by jhonnysentry »

Support wrote:This issue is solved in VideoCAD 7 version.

Buffer of last operations (UNDO) stores now all parameters of cameras.
Depth of the undo buffer can be adjusted on the Miscellaneous tab of the Options box. This depth can be up to last 50 operations.
The REDO button was added for moving in the UNDO buffer in the opposite direction.
Good thing this issue is resolved in VideoCAD 7 version but this should serve as a lesson for all of us. Save your working project regularly to avoid this kind of issues.