Issues with VideoCAD7 Lite in Win7pro

Thor_R

Issues with VideoCAD7 Lite in Win7pro

Post by Thor_R »

Hi everyone!

My employer has just purchased the above mentioned software version.
But I have been unable to run it on any of our available PC's.

The computer I'm currently using is a brand new Lenovo ThinkCentre, with Intel core i5-2500 (3,1Ghz), 4GB RAM and Win7 Pro (64x).

Every time i open up the software, it gives me different error messages, most often right after loading the frame and menu buttons.
When this happens, it wont "initiate" the main window, that just remains grey and without features.

I get different errors depending on, if I run with/ or without "administrator's rights", but in both cases, errors occur.
When run with "admin rights", the error occurs, when I attempt to open the project, I have created in the demo version, or a new project.

Before we purchased the software, I have successfully used the VideoCAD7-demo software on the same computer, without any issues.

I have already tried uninstalling the demo software, in case that this "confused" the new version, but it had no effect.
Also I have downloaded the updated software for the USB dongle, that is linked to, on this forum.

I have made a screen-dump of some of the error messages:

1+2: without admin rights - and occurring before the main window loads.
3: with admin rights, and occurring when trying to load a project.

Hope that you can help me, I have been tasked with a medium sized surveillance planning project, that has a deadline in the start of July, so I would really like to get on with it.:)

Best Regards
Thor, Denmark

Support

Re: Issues with VideoCAD7 Lite in Win7pro

Post by Support »

Sorry for inconvenience. Probably you use VideoCAD7 Lite+USB dongle.
Please contact us by email, write serial number of your dongle to get instructions how to solve this issue.