Software crashing

CBTCCTV

Software crashing

Post by CBTCCTV »

Hello,

Are there known compatibility issues with Windows 10 64-bit? I've had repeated system crashes, and it never stores the key for VideoCad 8. I do not get error codes since a reinstall(which was required when a project file corrupted, per viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1265&p=1746&hilit=64bit#p1746).

Core Hardware config for reference:
i7-3770K
16GB DDR3 RAM
AMD R7 380 4GB

It's a multiple use computer, however system crashes are relatively isolated and usually I can determine a cause. Can't seem to do so here unless it's a 32bit vs 64bit OS issue.

Support

Re: Software crashing

Post by Support »

Hello,
CBTCCTV wrote: Are there known compatibility issues with Windows 10 64-bit?
There are no known incompatibilities. VideoCAD under Windows 10 64 bit works for many of our customers.
CBTCCTV wrote: Core Hardware config for reference:
i7-3770K
16GB DDR3 RAM
AMD R7 380 4GB
Also there are no known hardware incompatibilities.
CBTCCTV wrote: I've had repeated system crashes, and it never stores the key for VideoCad 8. I do not get error codes since a reinstall(which was required when a project file corrupted, per viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1265&p=1746&hilit=64bit#p1746).
Sorry, do you imply VideoCAD crashes or system (Windows) crashes? I don't know about "system crash" caused by VideoCAD. VideoCAD can crash or freeze (see below) but Ctrl+Alt+Del solves all known issues. Windows remains OK. In case of Windows crashes I suppose there is other reason.
In case of any abnormal operation of VideoCAD 8 please first of all save your project to a file. Main menu>project>Save as. During saving special checking and correction procedure of the current project is performed.
If it does not help try to uninstall and reinstall.
If the error remains after reinstallation then the most likely it is a registration error caused by antivirus or other guard software. You need to reregister by other code with all antivirus stopped. Please contact by email to get other code.
Other known reasons of errors are unsupported AutoCAD files used as background (try to delete background) and new imported 3D models.

CBTCCTV

Post by CBTCCTV »

That answers most of my troubleshooting questions.

The entire PC locks up and must be restarted. This PC is not a dedicated workstation so there is a chance it is not VideoCAD related, however it is happening when VideoCAD is running and was not happening before. I am going to wipe it completely and see if a clean PC with a fresh install stops it.

Support

Post by Support »

I am sure you know but just in case how to stop frozen Windows program: Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, choose Task Manager, go to the Processes tab, select VideoCAD.exe, click End Process.