Raymax and IR LED quantity

Jeremy

Raymax and IR LED quantity

Post by Jeremy »

Hi, I need to make a simulation using the Raymax 50. I did manage to find that it has 108 IR LEDs but is there any way to make an illuminator with more than 30 in VideoCAD? I could work around that by making more than one but I just wanted to know if that was possible.

Thanks!

Support

Re: Raymax and IR LED quantity

Post by Support »

Thank you for this message. It is a casual interface limit, because the number of LEDs is the same that number of lamps. We supposed that 30 lamps in one luminaire is enough. You can't exceed it, sorry. We will correct it in the VideoCAD8 (it will be released in autumn).

But it is not a big problem, because of VideoCAD calculates the power of radiation by multiplying power of one LED by the number of LEDs in the illuminator.
Thus, instead of making several illuminators you can just multiply electrical power of one LED by a factor.

For example, if your Illuminator has 100 LED of 1 watt power, you can specify 1 LED of 100 watt or 10 LED of 10 Watt.

For exact modeling please test your IR by the technique Example 18 Measuring parameters of IR illuminator

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Thanks a lot! I'll look into that!

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Just noticed it's real measuring, however I don't have any of the Equipment since we I work in counseling. The thing is, the Raymax 50 is supposed to light up to 75m away, with 108 LEDs and a maximum power consumption of 20W. I tried with a single LED on 20W but it only makes a small part of the scene visible and it's still pretty dark.

Support

Post by Support »

For measuring you don't need special eqipment, luxmeter only. But you should understand IR LED parameters. I recommend to perform testing by a skilled engineer.
As a consultant you can make several field tests of your illuminator then choose the power of IR model in VideoCAD to obtain image models like in your field tests. After that you can use this IR model in VideoCAD.

I don't recommend to use IR models in VideoCAD without testing, because there are LEDs with different light efficiency, therefore different illuminators with equal electric input power can have different IR output power.

Support

Post by Support »

In VideoCAD8 the number of lamp was increased to 250. What is new in VideoCAD