New with this program

majoar

New with this program

Post by majoar »

I have just purchased the Starter II Kit.
Is there a User Manual for this version?? Or Do I have only the general one for VIDEO CAD 7???

Thanks, I wish I could improve my projects with your software!!

Support

Re: New with this program

Post by Support »

VideoCAD Starter II Kit has no special User manual.
But programs in the kit, VideoCAD Starter II and IP Camera CCTV Calculator, have own very detailed help systems. VideoCAD Plugin for Google SketchUp has manual in pdf format.
Teaching articles "The principles of CCTV Design in VideoCAD" are generally based on capabilities of Professional version, but they can be useful for simplified versions too.

majoar

Post by majoar »

Ok, thanks very much! :D

majoar

Post by majoar »

I need a list of the cameras geometry, how can I get that with the Starter II???

Support

Post by Support »

What do you imply under the "List of cameras geometry"? Please use terms from the Help system to allow me understand.

In VideoCAD Starter (II) you can get a table of cameras with the following parameters: Name, Lens focal length, Sensor format, Vertical number of pixels. You can copy the table to clipboard then paste to Excell or Word. Right click on the table then chose Copy to clipboard.
See Help system>Interface>Camera list.

In Lite version you can in addition get a text file with more parameters of cameras, view areas and cables.
In Professional version there is much more powerful and flexible tool for any reports - Table of cameras.

majoar

Post by majoar »

You answered me what I need, thanks.
I thought that I could obtain a list with the height of each camera, the angle and so on. But as I can see I can´t do it with Starter II, only with lite. Is that true?

Support

Post by Support »

You are right.

Starter version is simplified in comparison with the Lite and especially Professional.

majoar

Post by majoar »

If I had known.... well, there's no way to update the starter to the lite version, isn't it??

Support

Post by Support »

You are right again. There is no discount to order Lite version for Strarter version users.
In other case it would be unfair for whom ordered Lite version at once. You have registration code of Starter version, which can be applied to any computer, this code can't be cancelled. But Lite version can be registered with tie to one computer only.
Therefore we offer upgrades for only price difference from Starter to Starter II Kit and from Lite to Professional. But we offer no discount from Starter II to Lite or Professional.
Thank you for understanding.

However I think VideoCAD Starter II Kit is a very good offer for its price. But if you need more detailed projects, more cameras, more parameters, more complicated tasks, if you wish to get maximal advantages from VideoCAD, then you should look at Professional version at once.

majoar

Post by majoar »

Tnank you very much. I understood.

Mary